MADELINE LEWIS DESIGNS

MADELINE LEWIS DESIGNS

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Maddie's 4th Birthday

Maddie's 4th Birthday was a Little Mermaid Under the Sea Party.  I am not a fan of licenced parties....however, my 4 year old is.  She wanted another "princess" party (which she had last year), so I convinced her to do a Little Mermaid so I could selfishly throw in some seashells and fishing nets. 






 

I used real seashells that I ordered online
http://www.qualityshells.com/

The kids went on a treasure hunt to find their "treasure boxes". They had clues all over the house!  I ordered them oriental trading company and filled them with chocolate coins, jewels and sea creatures.  I decided to leave them plain and let kids decorate them when they got home.

No fish were harmed during the creation of this party!  This was Maddie's favorite gifts.....but not Mommy's!


I used pages from old "Little Mermaid" books to use as tags for the gifts.  When I went to the party store, one roll of Ariel Wrapping paper was $7.00.  I also found these aqua nets to use as back drops and bags for the gifts.

Her cake was coated in graham crackers and sugar to create the sand effect for her sand castle.
 

Thank goodness for Gatorade!  It comes in every color...even aqua!  I cut the mermaid books to make labels for the drinks.  Each one is slightly different!
 


















I used the same book to make cupcake toppers.  Each one had a different character.



 

24 comments:

  1. WOW! AWESOME! You worked your butt off on this one!! It all paid off! Just fabulous! Love it all! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute party!

    Shelley @ http://divinepartyconcepts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite detail aside from the cake is the net on the ceiling with the balloons and sea creatures. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this party!!! Absolutely gorgeous, such cuties! good job

    - Becs xx
    www.becslake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing party. There's just enough of the commercial stuff to get the point across, but your special touches with the cake, the netting and the seashells really pull everything together in a sophisticated way...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations a wonderful fun spirited looking party...I bet everyone had a such a wonderful time in this magical atmosphere!Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the theme, and it looks so sophisticated as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you used the book for graphics great idea for computer handicapped people like myself. Great job on the whole party, it is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!! Could you tell me where you got the wands that were stuck in the mii donuts?
    maryel831@aol.com

    Thanks!
    Mary Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter is having her 4th Birthday as a "Mermaid Celebration"...I would also LOOOVVVEEEE to know where you go the "starfish wands"...can you share?

    smith_042305@yahoo.com

    Thank you!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to know where you found the wands as well! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found the wands at a thrift store! I think they were Martha Stewart. I also think they are really drink mixers:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AMAZING!!! My daughter is wanting to do goldfish favors as well - did you treat the water? Is there a trick to making that work? My fear is that the fish will be dead by the time the kids arrive! Thank you!! sarabpawelka@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it all, so wonderfully creative. Where did you get the sea shells that you put the silverware in?

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My daughter's 5th birthday is coming up and we are doing a mermaid/pirate party THANKS for the ideas! expecially using old mermaid books... i might have to run to the thrift store and see what i can find!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautifully done! Is there a tutorial for the cake? Will you share how ou made it? Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi i was wondering if you had a problem with the book page gatorade labels peeling or tearing when drank out of or if they got wet? or were they mainly for looks only? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      I really haven't had a problem with tearing or getting wet. The kids drink them so fast, it usually isn't a problem LOL!

      Delete
    2. Where did you find the netting for the cielling and treats my daughter picked this for her birthday in dec im trying to save as much money as i can also the tissue paper flowers i didnt see how to do it any ideas would be awsome thank you so much

      Delete
    3. Hello!

      I ordered the net online, and to be honest I cannot remember where. I have seen a net at Hobby Lobby.

      The tissue paper flowers are blow pops. Just cover with tissue paper and tie a bow:) Hope that helps!

      Stephanie

      Delete
  19. What an awesome party!! I'd go crazy if I was given this kind of themed party. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete